"And the day came when the risk it took to remain tightly closed in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to BLOOM…This is the Element of Freedom"

-Alicia Keys

26 November 2012

A Gentle Reminder....

I was struggling to come up with something to write about tonight, but then I came across this quote:

"Those who love you are not fooled by mistakes you have made or dark images you hold about yourself. They remember your beauty when you feel ugly; your wholeness when you are broken; your innocence when you feel guilty; and your purpose when you are confused."

— Alan Cohen

I think the reason I love this quote so much is because this is what having my own family to raise and love and care for has taught me.  I have an amazing husband who has lifted me out of some dark places and reminded me of who I really am, even when I seem to have forgotten it myself.  I hope that this is something that I can teach my children, that this is what a family is, what a family does for the people who are in it.

{I found this quote on a blog called deep down.  She used to have another blog (that I followed when I used to blog a bit more frequently, before Carter was born), but she now has a new (Darling!!) baby girl and a new blog. So good!}

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are back to blogging - I've really missed reading your posts. (However as I also had a baby 8 months ago & know how it can get I won't nag...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad! I peeked at your blog & was sad to see you hadn't blogged for a while either! Well, now I understand completely!! Congratulations:)

      Delete

Related Posts with Thumbnails